Triptomind Triptomind

Really enjoyed what you did with the synths and the bassline literally rumbled my headphones. I have never felt anything like it and the melody line when the song got closer into it was freaking awesome. Loved the filter effects and the reverb! The only complaint I have is their is literally no structure to the song and it was more of an experiment than anything,but nevertheless it was a really awesome listen.

Ultraconsole responds:

Thank you so much!
This was my first jam using the ms 20 and you can get some really awesome sounds from it. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Tour D'Leur Tour D'Leur

I really dig the bassline you used and the melody line that pushed the whole song. Everything seemed eq'ed correctly and fell into its designated place. The song reminded me of something I would hear at a loading screen. The song got repetitive after a while, but I felt like it kept changing percussion wise. The middle transition was interesting. I liked how the kick changed from a four on the floor beat to a more dubstepy type beat. The one thing that would have made this song more colorful would be another lead, but overall it sounded fine without it. Good work!

aCeta responds:

I agree, something is missing from this. Don't know how I would implement it, although I want to.

The Pop The Pop

Love love love love love the beat you used! Awesome stuff! I would have totally given you five stars off the bat if it had a vocalist. The chords are really good and the synths you used are really cool. Reminds me of something really trippy. The high hats are my favorite type; crisp and clear. Listening to the song again, I noticed that the ending was kind of awkward, but overall well executed for the style. The kick is solid and the clapping is cheesy, but fits with the whole appeal you are going for. This is more of a 4.5, but I understand how hard vocalists are to come by so you definitely get a 5/5.

Twice More Twice More

Really enjoyed the warm pads that you used! The plucks you used really made the song flow and I enjoyed the push they gave the overall song. The drums were really really muffled which did not help push the song. Louder drums and a more complex drumline could really help flesh out this song. It feels a bit empty. I feel if you were going to work on something, it would be to find an appropriate bassline, but your melody work is really really well done.

Whirlwind Whirlwind

Whoa, this is amazing. Even though it is really short, it puts in perspective just how good the full thing is going to be. I really like how it has that heavy snare and kick of a dubstep track, but the plucks and melody line make it feel almost funky. I really dig it!

Jumper responds:

Thanks for your awesome review, Crimson. :D I somehow mannaged to put some trap-like hi hats patterns, Dubstep kicks and snares and glitch hop type chord rythm and lead melodies... Dunno what the hell happened there. I guess I'm in a phase where I'm not entirely sure of what my style is so I'm just trying different things and putting them together. It apparently works... like freakin' peas and carrots. 8D Thanks again for the comment!

~ [J]

Synth City Synth City

I really really like what you have here. Although it is a short song, the synths you used were very clear, and sounded really great. I liked the upbeat sound of the song, and I also liked the quick riffs. The riffs added something more , and made the song feel progressive. All, and all I really liked it, and the only complaint I have is that it was really short.

MrStr8face responds:

Thanks! I wasn't really going for anything long but after seeing this comment, I might make an extended version! Glad you enjoyed it!

Special Move Special Move

Really freaking good. Really can't think of any complaints. Love the almost swingish feel. Really like how it took off in the beginning, and then slowed down, and then sped back up haha. Love the synths you used, and the trumpetish sounds that made up the background. It sounds full, and sounds like you put quite a lot of time into it. Really dig how it sounds, and can't wait to hear more from you!

I Can Do It Better Than You I Can Do It Better Than You

I really like how clear the audio sounds! Really great job on that! Although the picking is off, I feel it almost adds to the song in a way. Really love the different sounds you used, and, again, how clear they sound. You're lyrics are really interesting, and I like how it sounds drunk. The beats sound paranoid like the song, and I really like that! You really put a lot of effort into this!

polarpoole responds:

Really kind review, thanks a lot.

Lucky Day Lucky Day

The piano sounds clear, and precise, and I really enjoy the chords. Obviously, a lot of work went into the song. The melody line is very clear, but in some parts I feel it is empty. It's like something is missing that I cannot put my finger on. Overall, I really like what you have here, and would love to hear more from you!

Ectisity responds:

Thanks for the feedback :D. Glad you liked it.
I think I know what you mean with the melody feeling empty sometimes. I feel that there is one more melody that is missing in the piece. I'll try to find it :). Again Thanks for the feedback :D
I'll be sure to make some more piano composistions in the future :).

Watching The World Wash Away Watching The World Wash Away

So very chill. I had no idea what to expect! Love the reverb you added to the background to give it a "full room" kinda of feel. The synth really added to calm, and tranquil feeling of the whole piece. The beginning was kind of long, but I feel that is the point of ambiance. Really dug the small explosions of noise in the background that sound like doors closing, and the small drops of water. It sounds so beautiful and I really enjoyed listening to this!

Fubaka responds:

Yeah, those explosions in the background are derived from a rain sound I recorded. As such, the original working title of this piece was 'Rain Bombs'.

Thanks for reviewing.